Saturday 25 August 2012

Sportivate Week 4

Managed to avoid the thunderstorm today, that started after we all finished this time!

Ten teenagers today, all shooting .22 rifles. Sheila set a 'Polo' challenge - they had to try to shoot the hole in the Polo without breaking it. A VERY difficult challenge, but Robbie managed to leave one Polo intact - well done! There will be more Polos next week!

(click for larger image and zoom in)

They are all getting very good shots and some have progressed to standing shooting.



 Some quotes from the participants
"When I first heard about the Reepham Shooting Centre I was excited and a little nervous. I had shot a few times in America with my mates but had no experience with guns in England. When I arrived I was glad to see that I was not the only youth there. Having the club with people of all ages really helps to calm you nerves. Everyone Is really nice and all the adults are engaging and helping and even let you shoot a few rounds from their guns." Robbie


 "I have done benchrest .22 shooting and some clay pigeon shooting with a shotgun. I like the clay pigeon shooting but it does hurt my shoulder! I prefer target shooting with the .22 and I like to try and get a closer group each time. The club is really friendly and supportive and I want to join properly when the course is over." Emma

"I have enjoyed every minute, it has been very enjoyable as well as educational. The instructors explain everything and are approachable. I am seriously considering joining the club as a full time member." Joseph